Monday, April 2, 2012

Glad I Did

Honestly today I was not even thinking about exercising or anything. I had to get up early this morning for work and then I came home and made dinner. (Yes! I actually made dinner, and not out of a box!) Then I had a mishap with my chair, so I was just kinda blah. Then I decided to watch my favorite show (The Secret Life of the American Teenager, yeah, yeah, I know.). While watching and folding laundry the treadmill was just there taunting me, so the show went off, I changed clothes and cut a minute and a half off my mile. Again today I did intervals of walking 1/4 mile, jogging 1/4 mile. It was nice though to see my time go down and see that I could push myself a little harder, even when I didn't feel like working out in the first place.

Now I must tell you about this chair. I put a pic of a chair similar to mine, except mine is blue and prettier. So, today I am sitting in my chair in the fully reclined position (Yes that chair reclines, it's amazing! I love it) and I remember that I haven't submitted my work that I did today. I lean over without sitting up to grab my laptop and shifted my weight just right that the chair sat up pinching my arm in between the back and the arm rest. My first reaction is to scream, which then freaks my husband out, then I start yelling for help, which he promptly comes over and pushes me back and lectures me about doing these kind of things and getting hurt. He then goes into an apology for getting stern with me. At that point I am in tears, not sure if the tears were from the pain or the sheer shock that my favorite chair tried to eat me! I just thought I would share that little now humerus story with you. Now I know, sit up in my chair before shifting my weight any which way.

~W

No comments:

Post a Comment